A Wild Goose Chase
Here is my May Design for Stick It Down. I created this layout using photos that my sister took of my adorable nephew chasing the geese and discovering a baby gosling on his adventure.
Here’s the steps that I followed to create this layout.
- Create a circle template using a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock and a large plastic bowl
- Place the bowl on the paper and trace around it with a pencil
- Cut out the circle with scissors
- Now fold the circle in half and using a paper cutter, cut along the crease (you will have two half circles now)
- Take one of the half circles an fold that in half and using your paper cutter again, cut along the crease
- You can continue to fold and cut to make the template smaller and smaller
- Create whatever size you want, your preference is probably going to depend on the size of photos that you want to use
- I used 3 different sized pieces for this layout
- Place different sized photos on top of the template pieces and cut them out. I used a 8 x 10 photo on the large shape, a 5 x 7 on the medium sized shape, and a 4 x 6 on the smallest shape.
A great class that I recently took and highly recommend was by Ali Edwards called Hello Story. She demonstrates a similar process when documenting timeline photos.
Supplies: Dear Lizzy Gold Thicker Words, Paper-Cutting Board-Harvest-Pebbles, Giddy Up-October Afternoon, Goose Sticker and Labels-October Afternoon, Wood Veneer Arrows-Studio Calico.
Here’s the Sketch:
Now let’s go create! Shanna